General Admission Information
Tickets are available for purchase at the Museum's main entrance. Cash and Credit Cards are accepted.
- Adult (18+): $12
- Senior Citizens (Ages 65+): $10
- Active Military and Veterans: $10
- Students (Ages 7-17): $5
- Free - Children 7 and under
- Free - Members of the Danville Museum of Fine Arts and History with membership card
- Free - Members of the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARMA)
- Free - Members of the Anne Eliza Johns chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC)
- The 2nd Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of each month is Free Admission Weekend
Address: 975 Main Street, Danville, Virginia 24541
Contact us: 434-793-5644 • firstname.lastname@example.org
The Museum and Gift Shop will be open:
Tuesday - Friday • 10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday • 12:00 noon - 5:00pm
Sunday • 2:00 - 5:00pm
Monday • Closed
We offer self-guided tours through the museum.
An Audio & Photo Tour produced by Joyce Wilburn and David Hutcheson is available online.
A Virtual Tour of the Sutherlin House Museum is also available on our website via YouTube, hosted by C.B. Maddox.
Exhibitions at the Museum
There are two art galleries at the Museum. Jennings Gallery offers different / revolving art exhibitions and Schoolfield Gallery which currently holds our long-term exhibition Camilla Williams. The Museum also holds the Danville Hall of Fame, a permanent exhibition "Between the Lines: Danville 1861 - 1865" and a permanent exhibition "The Movement: Danville's Civil Rights", which are open during all hours that the Danville Museum is open. The Children's Art & History See & Do Room is available for classes and small exhibits.
The Museum Gift Shop
Be sure to stop by the Museum Gift Shop when you visit us.
We have a wonderful collection of:
- Hand-crafted items made by local artists
- Paintings & Prints
- Wood Turned Items
- Local honey
- Historical maps
- Souvenir T-shirts & Hats